Reports to: HOD MEP
Location: INDIA (Head office)
Employing Company: ORL – Mumbai
• To continually monitor and provide high level design input to the design consultant team.
• To manage the production high quality, efficient, innovative, building services design through consultant.
• To establish ORL’s reputation in the market as being a high quality, professional developer who is known to deliver high quality of sustainable building by adopting relevant good design practices.
• To meet and exceed expectations.
• To ensure design is concluded in accordance with the project specific deliverables incorporating Client approved design change.
• To provide best-practice advise to consultant in form of client brief.
• To make sure that consultant is providing design within the required brief and that all aspects of design are technically and commercially viable.
• To coordinate local authority approval applications for NOC’s, permits etc.
• To make sure that consultant delivers the design within the agreed schedule.
• To implement the ORL Quality Management System.
• Tender and contracts management
• Construction progress monitoring (Design/Engineering aspects)
• Post contract administration (Design variations and claims)
Resourcing, Management and Accountability
• To review and discuss resourcing requirements with the HOD with respect to current projects and future prospects and participate in the recruitment process.
• To participate in the appraisal of design team members and their allocation to the project team; advise on potential deficiencies in performance and propose measures such as training to develop individual’s abilities.
• To brief the design team on project specific deliverables, design strategies and program and ensure that all subsequent changes are imparted to the design team.
• To review project resource plans (forming the basis of the fee plan) for adequacy against the design deliverables; the opportunity exists to reallocate engineering resources within the fee plan budget to suit the design team structure. If the budget is perceived to be inadequate then this shall be discussed with HOD.
• Subject to acceptance of the design fee / resource plan, the Senior Project Engineer shall take ownership of the said plan and become accountable for management and delivery of the design to achieve or improve upon the target profitability.
• To monitor design team time and out-sourcing expenditure against program deliverables and productivity targets and implement any necessary corrective action.
• To deliver regular reports and briefings to the HOD on the progress of project designs making particular reference to productivity, profitability, resource planning and concerns.
• To implement project specific design framework to meet the requirements of project deliverables and manage the activities of the design team and any out-sourced components.
• To review and approve project specific design fundamentals and system selection proposals of the Senior Engineer for suitability to meet the design brief.
• To ensure project design team members and out-sourced components are fully aware of their responsibilities detailed in the design framework document and ensure that it is adhered to through the evolution of the design.
• To coordinate and agree procedures and programs with project out-sourcing companies, and ensure they have the ability to deliver the required quality of product.
• To implement ORL design change management techniques and procedures to administer the development of the design.
• To advise shortfalls in IT provisions to HOD.
Fee Bidding & Business Development
• To assist HOD in the review of RFP’s and estimation of resource requirements and potential innovation that may be implemented to set ORL’s proposals above the competition.
• To prepare bid packages for the out-sourcing of design / CAD activities and evaluate the content of bid returns and compare with ORL fee / resource plan allocations.
• To discuss with HOD potential prospects ascertained through market intelligence.
• To develop profitable niche area design services to compliment or expand ORL’s range of expertise.
• To possess and retain a high level of technical excellence keeping pace with the progress and development of innovative design and systems.
• To test new ideas and project innovation by utilising the CFD design and simulation expertise within the department.
• To contribute to ORL building services design procedures manual and design framework documents.
• To ensure project designs are coordinated with other disciplines, are audited to peer-review standard and delivered to program.
Quality Assurance :
• To ensure the design team adheres to the requirements of the project design framework.
• To ensure that the design evolves to meet the requirements of the project deliverables and ultimately Client expectations.
• To ensure project design engineers follow approved methods of calculation, design margins and use approved design codes.
• To over-see drawing and documentation approvals in accordance with ORL QA procedures.
• To contribute to ORL Project Quality Plan.
• To facilitate internal or external auditing of the completed design documentation in accordance with ORL QA procedures.
5. Attend Regular Meetings :
• To attend weekly Building Services meeting with Head Of Building Services, Senior Engineers and MEP Coordinator
• To attend weekly meeting with Head of Department and MEP coordinator.
• To attend monthly ORL Building Services Design Procedures meeting.
• To ensures to advise training requirements to the Head Of Department
• To undertakes regular CPD and records in personal CPD log book.
• To lead a weekly meeting with his project team
• To have firm commitment towards ongoing Continual Professional Development.
• To demonstrate active Continual Professional Development in construction and building services fields.
• To attend seminars and exhibitions as appropriate to industry sector and as approved by Head of Mechanical Engineering.
• To mentor and develop design awareness of engineers and CAD technicians.
• To record CPD activities in a personal CPD log book.
Salary Offerd (Rs.)5 to 8 Lakhs
Experience15 Years Plus
Related Jobs (19)
English – Content Writer – Thane – Vidyavihar – Aj on April 29, 2018 Full Time